We are hiring! Children’s Village has an immediate opening for a Lead Teacher in our Toddler Program
View the Lead Teacher position description: Toddler Lead Teacher March 2017. For information on the application, requirements, and hiring process please read below.
Here’s an overview of our opportunities:
Full-Time Employment As A Teacher
Do you seek to join a professional community of teachers who are continually considering new ideas and exploring better teaching methods?
- Do you see yourself working with a broad diversity of co-workers, families, and children who enjoy learning from one another?
- Do you value frequent, innovative professional development opportunities, including the chance to continue your higher education?
Children’s Village Teachers Enjoy:
- An excellent reputation for working with a program that is a national model of excellence
- A teaching-team approach in which a lead and assistant teacher work closely together to create an exciting classroom environment
- A curriculum for each age group with room for teacher creativity and family involvement
- Frequent professional development opportunities to stay abreast of the latest thinking in the field
- Competitive salary and benefits including a generous leave time package
- Low staff turnover
Per Diem Substitute Teaching
- Are you thinking of entering the field of teaching?
- Are you retired, but interested in some rewarding full or part-time work?
- Have you always wanted to work with young children or elementary school students?
Children’s Village Substitute Teachers Receive:
- Two weeks of on-site training in classrooms
- Work assignments in team settings with another teacher
- Initial orientation and regular meetings
- Training opportunities, including first aid and CPR
- A pay rate based on education and experience, plus yearly raises
- Annual performance evaluations
- Flexible hours…we work with your schedule
Many of our full-time staff have been hired from the pool of substitute teachers.
I’m Interested! How Do I Get Started?
First, complete the Application for Employment and Volunteering at Children’s Village and return it to the contact information listed on the bottom of this page. Download
Employment and Volunteer Application 4_2014 pdf 1
What Happens Next?
Children’s Village will contact qualified candidates to schedule an interview. Please keep in mind that the requirements listed below are the minimum for employees at Children’s Village. There is other paperwork at Children’s Village you will be required to complete before you start. Some positions may also require additional documents or clearances. Children’s Village is a drug-free environment. All staff members must complete drug and alcohol screening. Children’s Village will provide information about the screening, which must be completed before you start.
You will need to provide proof (your receipt) indicating that you have submitted the following three applications to the respective agencies:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Download the PA-Child-Abuse-Clearance-Form pdf.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Record Download the Request-for-Criminal-Record-Check-82920111.
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare (DPW) Applicant Fingerprinting Services Online Registration. Please visit http://www.pa.cogentid.com and click on Department of Public Welfare (DPW).
In addition, you will need to provide Children’s Village with:
- Child Care Staff Health Assessment (which includes tuberculosis screening) that has been completed by a physician. Download the Child-Care-Staff-Health-Assessment-Version-2_12
- Proof of educational experience (official transcripts and copies of diplomas)
- Proof of work experience (if one of your letters of reference is from a current or former employer, ask the employer to include your start date and average hours worked per week, and end date, if applicable)
- Two forms of identification (one must provide proof of age)
Qualified persons interested in seeking employment at Children’s Village are encouraged to mail, fax, or e-mail the Application for Employment and Volunteering at Children’s Village to: Children’s Village 125 North 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19106 Phone: (215) 931-0190 Fax: (215) 413-2102 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We also offer a range of other career positions. When we do have positions available, we advertise them on our website and on www.monster.com
Employment Non-Discrimination Clause
An open and equitable personnel system has been established and will be maintained. Personnel policies, procedures, and practices are designed to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, or sexual orientation. Employment opportunities shall be provided for applicants with disabilities and reasonable accommodation (s) shall be made to meet the physical or mental limitations of qualified applicants or employees.