Your Gift Shapes the Future…
Quality early education programs prepare children to enter school ready to learn. This positive trajectory continues throughout their lives: they have higher graduation rates, pursue higher education/career training, and secure higher paying jobs.¹
We reach out to children of all backgrounds, including those whose circumstances — such as living in poverty and learning English as a second language — can undercut school success.
With you, we can offer all children the opportunity to achieve their potential. At-risk children attending quality early education programs can make great progress and enter kindergarten at grade level.²
Parents go to work knowing that their children are in a safe, nurturing environment. There are additional benefits; parents who have high-quality care and education available for their children miss fewer work days, stay on the job longer, and are more productive at work.³
For Our Community
Every dollar invested in early care and education generates a savings return of more than $16. The savings accrue from reduced costs for special education, public welfare, criminal justice, and additional social services.
YOU Make The Difference. Here Are Some Of The Ways Your Donation To Children’s Village Makes An Impact:
- Hiring highly qualified teachers and supporting their ongoing professional development.
- Providing out-of-school enrichment activities to children in grades K-7.
- Offering screenings, referrals, and intervention services for children with special needs.
- Hosting workshops, interpretation and translation services, and other programs to support families in
their roles as children’s “first” teachers.
- Purchasing software and other digital teaching tools, science kits, dramatic play equipment, and art
Committed to Transparency and Accountability
Children’s Village has received the GuideStar Exchange Seal, a leading symbol of transparency and accountability provided by GuideStar USA, Inc., the premier source of nonprofit information. To learn more, visit our report page on GuideStar.org
A copy of Children’s Village official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within PA, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
We are pleased to present a report on our recent activities and funding through our 2015 Annual Report. Childrens-Village-Annual-Report-2015
Learn More About The Extraordinary Impact Of High-Quality Early Care And Education: Endnotes, References, and Resources
1. Pennsylvania Departments of Education and Public Welfare Office of Child Development and Early Learning. (2011). Annual Report 2010-2011, p. 3. For more information, please visit www.pakeys.org.
2. Carplunk, W., (2011) Investments in Pennsylvania’s early childhood programs pay off now and later. Issue Brief by The Partnership for America’s Economic Success. The Pew Center on the States. Washington, DC. For more information, visit The Pew Center on the States website http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/.
3. Schaefer, S., Gates, S.L., Kiernan, M., (2011). Strengthening Pennsylvania Businesses through Investments in Early Care and Education. A report by America’s Edge. Washington, DC. For more information, download the report.
Schweinhart, L. J., Montie, J., Xiang, Z., Barnett, W. S., Belfield, C. R., & Nores, M. (2005). Lifetime effects: The HighScope Perry Preschool study through age 40.). Ypsilanti, MI: HighScope Press. Visit HighScope.org.