Would you like to be part of a warm, vibrant classroom community?
- A school-age student needs your help with her homework.
- A toddler wants to cuddle up to you and hear a story.
- A preschool group wants to hear about your job when they are studying community helpers.
- The Librarian can use help repairing, covering, and organizing books.
- A group of children visiting the library would like to hear you tell a story.
Think about dedicating an hour or two each week to a class at Children’s Village. It will be an experience neither you nor the children will ever forget!
I’m Interested In Volunteering! How Do I Get Started?
First, complete the Application for Employment and Volunteering at Children’s Village and return it to the contact information listed at the bottom of this page. Download Employment and Volunteer Application 4_2014 pdf 1 or Employment and Volunteer Application 4_2014 word
What Happens Next?
Children’s Village will contact qualified candidates to schedule an interview. We want to ensure we match your interests and skills with the available volunteer opportunities here at Children’s Village.
Please keep in mind that the requirements that are listed below are the minimum for volunteers at Children’s Village. There is other paperwork at Children’s Village you will be required to complete before you start. Some volunteer positions may also require additional documents or clearances.
Children’s Village is a drug-free environment. All volunteers must complete drug and alcohol screening. Children’s Village will provide you with information about the screening, which must be completed before you join us as a volunteer.
You will need to provide proof (your receipt) indicating that you have submitted the following three applications to the respective agencies:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
Download PA-Child-Abuse-Clearance-Form pdf
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Record
Download the Request-for-Criminal-Record-Check-82920111.
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Applicant Fingerprinting Services Online Registration.
Please visit www.pa.cogentid.com and click on the Department of Public Welfare (DPW).
In addition, you will need to provide Children’s Village with:
- Child Care Staff Health Assessment (which includes tuberculosis screening) that has been completed by a physician.
You can download the Child-Care-Staff-Health-Assessment-Version-2_12.
- Proof of educational experience (official transcripts and copies of diplomas)
- Proof of work experience (if one of your letters of reference is from a current or former employer, ask the employer to include your start date and average hours worked per week, and end date, if applicable)
- Two forms of identification (one must provide proof of age)
Qualified persons interested in volunteering at Children’s Village are encouraged to mail, fax, or e-mail the Application for Employment and Volunteering at Children’s Village to:
125 North 8th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone: (215) 931-0190
Fax: (215) 413-2102